WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
TRICIA
Will not shut up about being gay. Takes a lot of naps. Does all the nagging.

Discord: Tricia#9714

Art Credit.
(But seriously go check her stuff out it's incredible)

TAPE
Only plays Nezumi. Is probably one thousand rats in human clothes. Official giver of spankings.

Discord: Tape#2119

Add Reply
New Poll

Q & A, Any questions?
Tricia
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 03:50 PM
Tricia
Admin
online status
occupation
275 posts
Triforce
alias

Have a question and can't find the answer anywhere else on the site?

Feel free to ask here, and we'll get back to you ASAP!

How do you interact with other characters if there's no place to thread?

Basura is, primarily, a quick chat-based rp! So things like chatzy or discord or cbox (which we'll be using), which allows us to get to the action quicker and more efficiently. Also, none of the admins like threading so. Y'know.

We'll be looking at putting in a small space to thread sometime in the future. Probably.

If this is a chat-based RP, why can't I see the links to the chats?

Guests and very new members won't have privilege to access the boards, to (hopefully) prevent future abuse / spam / etc.

What's the maximum amount of characters I'm allowed to have?

Our current hard limit is ten! If you'd like to pick up a new character after your tenth, you'd have to drop one of your current ones.

Can I age up a character by 1-2 years?

If and ONLY IF they've been living on Basura for that time, then you can go ahead and do that!

Hey, I see you don't have [insert character here], could I play an AU version of them?

We're currently taking this on a case-to-case basis, so please message an admin so we can discuss it further. Thank you!

H-hey, did you know that Basura means...??

Yes. Yes we do.

--------------------
Icon art by the infinitely lovely Lelelego
PM
^
jaypronouncedgay
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 08:44 AM
jaypronouncedgay
OOC
online status
occupation
121 posts
Jay
alias

I'm on my mobile so I don't have access to the little sidebar thingie so I'm gonna plonk this here
Also because I'm lazy and idk where else I would put this

SO

1) could there be a link to the sidebar/ooc chat for my crusty mobile ass? Could go in the links section

2) would there be any way to get a live clock feature? A lot of us work in different timezones to the site (I'm like 6? 7? Hours out) and I find it really difficult to be able to tell if a role play is active or has just finished, and manually checking the difference in time zones is something that I am just not about
It'd just be a nice lil addition imo, especially for people who are way out in terms of timezone and/or are bad at quick math

That is all :3

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Saturn
 Posted: Jul 28 2017, 09:27 PM
Saturn
OOC
online status
115 posts
Saturn
alias

Sorry for the delay in reply!!

1. You just have to switch to the desktop version on your phone to be able to access the cbox! You can find it by scrolling alllllllllll the way the bottom of the mobile page

2. Unfortunately, there's not really any way of us doing that that doesn't make the site look really cluttered? Because just having a live clock isn't going to solve your math issue unless we have a clock showing every timezone, and there's just not enough room on the site for that. :c All we can suggest is just wait a few minutes to see if anyone posts in the ICCs to see if it's still active so you don't have to do the math.
PMEmail
^
jaypronouncedgay
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 12:50 PM
jaypronouncedgay
OOC
online status
occupation
121 posts
Jay
alias

That's fair enough! They were just suggestions and yea I can see how having a live clock would make the site look cluttered
I was talking about having a live clock for the ICC timezone (EST is it?) though, not for mine

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Snow
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 09:07 AM
Snow
online status
0 posts
alias

How many characters that we are allowed to create in the same time? Also if we are going to create two characters who's a brother and sister with each other, are we allowed to make that one of them have an anime face claim and the other have a live action face claim? Because i have a plan to write in their history that the people around them often say that they look very different from each other even though they are a brother and sister.
^
Tricia
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 09:46 AM
Tricia
Admin
online status
occupation
275 posts
Triforce
alias

Howdy, Snow! Welcome to Basura!!

1. Our maximum character limit is 10, and there's a week wait-time between one character being accepted and when you'll be allowed to app a second one.

2. That's totally fine! But do keep in mind that it's not like you'll ever be ICCing with yourself, so if you wanted to play out the brother/sister stuff, I'd suggest only playing one, and then creating a wanted ad for the other.

I hope this cleared things up! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

--------------------
PM
^
Snow
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 09:54 AM
Snow
online status
0 posts
alias

QUOTE (Tricia @ Aug 29 2017, 02:46 PM)
Howdy, Snow! Welcome to Basura!!

1. Our maximum character limit is 10, and there's a week wait-time between one character being accepted and when you'll be allowed to app a second one.

2. That's totally fine! But do keep in mind that it's not like you'll ever be ICCing with yourself, so if you wanted to play out the brother/sister stuff, I'd suggest only playing one, and then creating a wanted ad for the other.

I hope this cleared things up! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

How about the face claim?
^
Tricia
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 10:18 AM
Tricia
Admin
online status
occupation
275 posts
Triforce
alias

QUOTE (Snow @ Aug 29 2017, 06:54 AM)

How about the face claim?

Face claim thing is fine. (:

--------------------
PM
^
Admin
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 01:34 PM
Admin
Admin
online status
100 posts
alias

Just to make sure....

Would beings with creation powers/abilities be able to create Ignarium? Like for example Savan is able to create anything found in Basura and what he knows would he be able to create it? Or because of the effects of it would it's creation that way be extremely hard or just impossible?
PMEmail
^
Tricia
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 05:41 PM
Tricia
Admin
online status
occupation
275 posts
Triforce
alias

YO BLAZE S'UP.

Ignarium cannot be created specifically because of what it's meant to do, thank you for asking!

--------------------
PM
^
Hana
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 11:01 AM
Hana
online status
0 posts
alias

Will there actually be a Discord server made to quick-chat RP? I get cbox and chatango are popular, but know that Discord can be accessed in many ways too. I know that it does not cost money to actually do anything cool on Discord like cbox.

Also, I do think if there is one made or will be made, using the forum just to host the chara apps and other stuff works fine. the OOC stuff seems like a bonus and whatnot, so yeh. I do know Discord RP is a bit newish to me, but hear it is becoming an RP platform for many RP sites nowadays.
^
Flo
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 04:23 PM
Flo
OOC
online status
occupation
51 posts
Flo
alias

So I haven't seen this anywhere or maybe I'm blind, but can I age up a character by 1-2 years? Not canonly, but like, a 'they've been here for a while' sort of thing

I'm asking it here instead of c-box so that other members who might have the same question can refer to this thread :3
PM
^
Tricia
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 05:05 PM
Tricia
Admin
online status
occupation
275 posts
Triforce
alias

QUOTE (Hana @ Sep 11 2017, 08:01 AM)
Will there actually be a Discord server made to quick-chat RP? I get cbox and chatango are popular, but know that Discord can be accessed in many ways too. I know that it does not cost money to actually do anything cool on Discord like cbox.

Also, I do think if there is one made or will be made, using the forum just to host the chara apps and other stuff works fine. the OOC stuff seems like a bonus and whatnot, so yeh.  I do know Discord RP is a bit newish to me, but hear it is becoming an RP platform for many RP sites nowadays.

We've already paid for the cboxes and set up the board, and we feel like tacking on a discord server would just be overkill at this point. (Also, I know myself and a few other people like being able to use multiple icons in a single icc)

That being said, plenty of members DO have discords that they use to plot with one-another on, so feel free to do that!

QUOTE (Flo @ Sep 11 2017, 01:23 PM)
So I haven't seen this anywhere or maybe I'm blind, but can I age up a character by 1-2 years? Not canonly, but like, a 'they've been here for a while' sort of thing

I'm asking it here instead of c-box so that other members who might have the same question can refer to this thread :3

That's fine, Flo! ♥ Thank you for the question.

--------------------
PM
^
Admin
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 10:01 AM
Admin
Admin
online status
100 posts
alias

I know at one point that AUs of canon characters were acceptable, but I would like to know if that still a thing? Like it was one AU of a canon that could be a accept if the original canon wasn't in Basura already/was alright with the player with the original canon I think.
PMEmail
^
Tricia
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 01:40 PM
Tricia
Admin
online status
occupation
275 posts
Triforce
alias

QUOTE (Blaze @ Sep 27 2017, 07:01 AM)
I know at one point that AUs of canon characters were acceptable, but I would like to know if that still a thing? Like it was one AU of a canon that could be a accept if the original canon wasn't in Basura already/was alright with the player with the original canon I think.

As of right now, we're judging this on a case-by-case basis. You'll have to speak to an admin about what kind of AU you had in mind, and we'll go from there!

--------------------
PM
^
Velour
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 04:18 PM
Velour
OOC
online status
occupation
10 posts
Velour
alias

Heyyyyy. So I asked about this on the Discord a bit, but I wanted to ask officially and get some more information.

I saw in the archives a while back that there was a vote to have on-site forums to post threads in, if members so chose, and the vote was almost unanimously yes. I also see that the first question of the FAQ mentions creating space for threading at some point. I asked on the Discord what happened, as there aren't any such forums at this moment, and a few people seemed to think that they existed for a period of time but went largely unused, so they were deleted.

My question is, if we wish to do a bit of threading, is it just best to do it off-site? Or can we just thread somewhere already on-site for ease of access and to make it a matter of record (like in the extras forum or something)? Or should all RP be done exclusively in the ICCs, no exceptions?

Believe me, I think not having to thread is kind of a breath of fresh air, so I'm not going to fight the staff for a slew of IC forums for all locations in Belgate. Buuut, I know I tend to get wordy in ICCs sometimes, and the pacing can kind of work against that sometimes. Obviously I understand the point of an ICC-centric site is to ICC, not thread, but they can occasionally be helpful for more introspective-heavy/emotional storylines; that way I'm not jamming up a public ICC with paragraphs of Feelings.

Maybe one general IC forum for threads could exist, and members can just denote the location and time/date with a stamp in their post? And obviously it doesn't have to count for activity; you could still require ICC interactions once a month as documented in character journals. I'm not looking to find a way to avoid ICCing or monthly checks or anything!

I just thought I might let you know that a dedicated space for threading, however small, would be appreciated, even if in the past it went underutilized. That's all from me!
PM
^
Tricia
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 06:54 PM
Tricia
Admin
online status
occupation
275 posts
Triforce
alias

Thank you Velour! http://i.imgur.com/rRDBLDN.png

The newest poll is dedicated to you, duckling!

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

RPG-D OHaV Avalon a Panfandom RP The Beginning Rise of the Believers Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

skinned by missy at caution and shine.