In-Character Chat (ICC) Rules
- Treat others the way you would wish to be treated.
- If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all. This includes passive-aggression, disrespect, and picking fights. Don’t do it.
- Harassment will not be tolerated.
- Absolutely any form of discrimination will not be tolerated, be it towards religion, gender, race, or political.
- We are an adult community, and as such, you must be 18+ to join.
- You must share the boxes with your fellow rpers. We have a limited few as is - do not restrict anyone else’s fun.
- Everyone’s character cap starts out at ten characters. Please contact a member of staff if you'd like to app beyond ten! All requests will be taken on a case by case basis. We reserve the right to place a smaller cap on those individuals we feel aren’t active enough to handle ten characters.
- Characters must be played at least two times a month. You must keep an up-to-date journal for each of your characters.
- If you lose a character, either through dropping them or they don't pass the Activity Check three times, you will no longer be allowed to play that character.
- To reserve a character you must have watched/read/played/ect. the entirety of the basic canon your character has come from.
- Share the limelight. Even if your character is the penultimate self-sacrificing pariah of your fandom, your fandom is not the only one present here anymore.
Give others a chance for their fifteen minutes.
- A list of rp tropes that, if seen or reported, will face punishment: Powerplaying (controlling someone else’s character), auto-hitting and auto-dodging (be realistic with your characters abilities; this isn’t the matrix), godmodding (no omnipotence!!!), and metagaming (you and your characters do not share a single conscious - they should, therefore, not automatically know everything that you, the player, knows).
- Don’t break established lore.
- Always be IC.
- The Common Room is a common room for a reason - do not exclude others from your RP in that box. If it gets to the point where you cannot include others realistically, take the plot to another box.
- We do not allow anything overtly sexual. Please take this off-site or fade to black.
- Off-site interactions between two characters are considered canon but will not count towards the activity check.
- If you are participating in an RP with two or more people, and you have to step away for more than ten minutes, let those with whom you are RPing know. Best practice is to let everyone know you're stepping away, even if it's only for a few minutes. Respect your fellow RPers.
- Keep the OOC chatter to a minimum within the RP boxes. If you're not in that particular RP, don't comment on it in that box, and if you are in that current RP, keep your OOC comments as limited as possible. Always feel free to comment on any current RPs in the OOC box on the site.
- In the interest of preserving characters’ peace of mind, we ask that you refrain from telling anyone they’re a fictional being. Some helpful alternatives include, but are not limited to: Telling a character they're famous in your world and have stories produced about them. Telling them, you’ve met someone from their world in Basura already and therefore know the lore. Lying and saying you're from their world.
- This is a SUGGESTION! To make it easier on everyone to keep track of important details, we recommend you link your character apps, shippers, or a fullbody image when rping in the Common Room or the Park. There is a space to allow for you to link to one of these while still linking an icon! Again, this is just a suggestion so do not feel obligated to do this!