WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
TRICIA
Will not shut up about being gay. Takes a lot of naps. Does all the nagging.

Discord: Tricia#9714

Art Credit.
(But seriously go check her stuff out it's incredible)

TAPE
Only plays Nezumi. Is probably one thousand rats in human clothes. Official giver of spankings.

Discord: Tape#2119

Add Reply
New Poll

Questionnaire #1

How do you feel about NPC Adoptables?
Hell yeah, hell fuckin' yeah. [ 11 ]  [50.00%]
They're okay, the concept could be re-worked. (bls put explanation in ya comment) [ 4 ]  [18.18%]
A very neutral Meh. [ 6 ]  [27.27%]
No. [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
No, except this time with passion. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Tricia
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 10:45 AM
Tricia
Admin
online status
occupation
378 posts
Triforce
alias

Hello hello my beautiful sunflower children, and greetings to the influx of gorgeous new people we've had in the last few weeks.

As you may have noticed, our docket for our Saturday events is steadily reaching the end! But don’t worry, we’re going to fill it right back up! With your help! We know a great many of you enjoyed the events and we’d like to know what you’d like to see more of! If you could answer the following questions we would greatly appreciate it:

What would you like to see in future site-wide events? Be as general or as broad as you like!
What would you like to see in future mini-events? Let us know which ones were your favorites and/or what type of events you’d like to see hosted in the future!

Another addition we were toying with but not quite sure about was creating NPC adoptables. Basically, a communal set of NPCs that anyone could use at any time to flesh out their ICCs without having to wait for another player to be on to fill that particular role. We believe it would also help Belgate feel a little more populated!

Clarification on this because we need it: Our idea for it was, like, a pool of NPCs with names / faces / traits / backgrounds that ANYONE would be allowed to pick up, play for an ICC, and then drop them for someone else to play at a later date. Say you're iccing a hot date and you just really need a fancy waitress to hit on your character, or (more commonly) you need a police-officer, but nobody who plays a police character is on. You could pull a police NPC from the list to use instead.

Last question: ICC Roulette, y/n?

Thanks for your time, hugs n kisses. http://i.imgur.com/rRDBLDN.png

--------------------
Icon art by the infinitely lovely Lelelego
PM
^
LittleBird
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 10:52 AM
LittleBird
OOC
online status
135 posts
Geremio
alias

P Much whatever Jay says is basically my opinion on things because I am very shit at wording what I wanna say

What would you like to see in future site-wide events?

Uhh Personally it'd been nice to see less that focus just on shock factor and angst. Some more friendlier happy site wide plots

What would you like to see in future mini-events?

Yall good with what there was, the events were some good shit.

ICC Roulette, y/n?

Yes and hopefully I can actually do it this time

NPCs

Having like some rules in place and what it entails fully would be niice

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
jaypronouncedgay
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 11:03 AM
jaypronouncedgay
OOC
online status
occupation
147 posts
Jay
alias

Site Wide Events - I think the amount of site wide events we've had so far have been good! We're a relatively new community and some haven't gone maybe exactly to plan, but that's to be expected! I think the same gist of events would be cool, maybe more stuff pertaining to Basura or Belgate would be nice, as opposed to organisations or people oriented ones? idk if this makes sense! message me on dickscord if u need clarification im no good at expressing myself outside of conversation

Mini Events - These have all been super fun, but the most fun have been the ones that have some kind of active participation? For instance, the cooking event was SUPER fun, because it had a solid structure, and participation. I think that filling one up every week is quite a feat, and it'll naturally lead to weeks that there isn't exactly a lot of participation, it's just a loose kind of "get together in a seasonal-themed location"
So I just kinda wanted to say not to worry about filling up EVERY single week, I think every fortnight would work perfectly okay, most sites don't even have these once a MONTH so you're doing great!
An actual suggestion that's not just me rambling - I think it'd be hella dope if we could apply to have our character's cultural holidays dispersed in there! Obviously they wouldn't always be applicable (like Dragon Age's wintersend is literally just christmas yknow?)
But, say that somebody has a holiday that is super original, and exclusive to their canon - it'd be pretty cool to share those once in a while? I'm not quite sure how it would work in practicality, but I think it might end up being a nice touch!

NPC Adoptables - I voted that it could do with some reworking, which doesn't perfectly reflect my feelings on it, but it was the closest! I think it'd be a really REALLY good idea, if done well. I more just want to see a little bit more about it, more clarification, before I can really settle on an opinion?
I think it'd need some really structured rules about the usage, to stop people abusing it, and idk I want to see it go well, but I'm a little trepid? I can't quite put a finger on why, but I'm sure that you guys can iron it out to be a good thing! uwu
Edit after clarification: I honestly think that sounds really good, so long as there were stipulations in place for positions of authority, like with police, I think it'll go dope (ok hand emoji)

SORRY for all the reading, hmu on discord if you wanna hear more thoughts or need clarification on any of my points ~

EDIT OOPS - ICC ROULETTE
fuck. yes.
I had a lot of fun with the roulette, but I think we can all agree that, for now, it might be best to put a 1 character cap per roulette.
I'll openly admit that I was part of the problem here, it was a really good system, but I really don't think that the majority of us could handle the amount of characters that we all signed up in excitement. And if it IS a regular thing, which I'd love, it's not an issue that you can only sign up one character per round!

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Toon
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 11:12 AM
Toon
OOC
online status
104 posts
Toon
alias

-- I liked the site-wide stuff but maybe things that aren't always so dark or borderlands related might be fun too. XD Sniffing through Jay's answer, I like the idea of exploring more of Basura! >>

-- I liked the ones with a purpose, like the contests and the talent show and things like that. They've all been fun ways to hang out, but having a little mission is what really made them events to me rather than just another meeting. XD And there's lots of room for weird, silly and other fun things. My main like about the mini events is that there's no lasting impact on Belgate, so if you don't participate you're not really ruined for the rest of your ICC career. >> They're fun and a good way to interact with characters you might not otherwise know how to approach!

Adoptables.
-- I voted meh! I don't mind. I find the idea interesting, but I've never seen it before so I don't have any experience to draw from that would make me like or dislike it. XD

-- Yes! Maybe not everyone got their ICCs last time but I don't think the idea is bad! It's another fun way to get people to interact with one another and I liked it a lot.
PM
^
Second
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 11:18 AM
Second
OOC
online status
twenty
occupation
60 posts
a pun
alias

Site-Wide Events- I haven't really been that involved in any of them yet? But I like them. I don't have any specific ideas personally. I might like something like... subtle I guess? I don't know. Also, I wouldn't mind a site-wide event that's kind of just... silly... too, at some point. Anyway I like them?

Mini-Events: These are good and cool! I like them weekly, personally- it ensured there was at least ONE I could make it to. But I also agree the ones with more participation worked better, but I liked the degree of community in these. I would say that more organization was normally better though and that it's wise to remind everyone before one starts.

NPC Adoptables: Tell me more before I'll vote because I don't entirely understand how these'll work. I agree that Belgate NPCs are very good! Belagte's more populated than our PC characters! I just... don't understand this yet, say more.

EDIT: okay they make sense now they work pretty well I say go for it

IC Roulette: I, too, was part of the problem, but I really loved what I did do of the roulette! I agree with Jay, a character cap would be good, though. Beyond that, just... please do it again.
PM
^
Flo
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 11:27 AM
Flo
OOC
online status
occupation
72 posts
Flo
alias

Site-wide Events: Yes please! I say this because the moon plot was amazing and inclusive, especially to new characters. The way everyone teamed up and slotted themselves into specific jobs to solve the problem brought them closer I felt.

Future Mini-Events: I'm thinking about A) the Belgate holiday/competition events and B) the private, between-certain-characters events. On the former, I don't have a solid opinion/experience in because I didn't include my characters in a lot of them. As for the latter, I'm very open to the idea of mini-plots because there will come times where I want to do certain private plots between certain characters and not complicate it by including too much people. I probably don't need to say this, but I will anyway: this is just my personal opinion.

Roulette: Absolutely!
PM
^
Twisty
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 04:36 PM
Twisty
online status
Customer Service Associate (Wawa), Freelance Writer
occupation
42 posts
Twisty
alias

Site-Wide Events: I would love for another one but I'm not sure what. I like drama and dark stuff, but I think a light-hearted adventure would be just as fun too! Honestly, I'm just looking forward to a new site-wide plot and I'm so game for whatever it may be.

Future Mini-Events: I loved the talent show!! I love all of the little contests, and the market-place festival was fun! Maybe we could do more festivals, maybe like a fancy ball/banquet that's open to everyone too (as long as they're appropriately dressed)? Or there could be some neato science expo for all the nerd scientists (don't look at me i'm bIAsed) or some other kind of competition.

Roulette: PRETTY PLEASE? I loved the chat roulette! I'm very bad at asking other people to rp with me, so it's nice to have something like that to motivate me to meet new characters! 10/10 would do it again.

Adoptables: YES. Absolutely! I think that it's a brilliant idea to have a set of shareable NPCs. The police would certainly be useful, and also waiters, doctors, general scientists, shopkeepers, etc.
PMEmail
^
Moonstone
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 08:45 PM
Moonstone
OOC
online status
30 posts
alias

Site-Wide Events Anything's cool with me! I love both angst and silly stuff, so as long as my characters can adequately get involved I'm down.

Future Mini-Events I haven't actually participated in an event yet (thanks nerves) but perhaps some kind of Valentine's Day celebration? I'm not too good with thinking of these sort of things eheheh

ICC Roulette I'd participate! I feel like this would be good for me since I can get to know more people and my characters can interact more.

Adoptable NPCs This sounds like a good idea!
PM
^
Sedation
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 08:47 PM
Sedation
OOC
online status
87 posts
Sed
alias

Future Site Wide Events:

I’d like to see something that got the sciency group working their asses off – maybe some mysterious sleeping illness that’s overtaking people (If you need an away! Hey sleeping sickness) that has all the science sectors scrambling to figure out what’s wrong before everyone falls the fuck to sleep (race against the clock ANND for those that like the high stakes drama of having a character mysteriously come down with the illness in the middle of maybe a romantic dinner or something far more risky!)

I’d also like to see something that had the police and Overwatch working to catch maybe some sort of underground shady shit happening, really solidify the new police force wanting to be for the people, and get some spot light on Overwatch being there as a backup/partner in keeping the city safe and/or secure.

Maybe an Underground Fight Club for the Supers – they can’t always used their abilities in daily life, but since there seems to be a litany of threats that happen, maybe some of the Supers come together and start hosting fight clubs to sharpen and hone their abilities as citizens so the next time something happens they can be ready and not feel like they have to hide their ability to help and/or be afraid that there will be a call for their heads if something goes wrong/property damage while assisting (think Battle of New York in Avengers or something like that property damage, XD)

(YES JAY YES) Exploration/Cartography outside the city – hey Carl’s been out there! Let’s all go start exploring now! (Addy I love this and yes Destiny will go camping when ever cause she wants to map out the star system here without the city light pollution).

Murder/Detective Mystery – maybe a ranking official winds up dead, or something possibly… sinister seems to be lurking about – nothing for everyday citizens to be concerned about, but it really seems to have everyone baffled so a reward is offered for citizen detectives to step in and help! (have it be a site wide puzzle that can have clues hidden in Journal entries, talking with people, going out and exploring!)

Future Mini Events:

Really adore the contests – those seem to be my favorite, other than the city wide snowball fight (that has been my favorite so far), maybe as the spring and summer months come around, doing marathons, and triathlons around the city, so the sporty types can train up for these – maybe a Basura Olympics even!

I like the festivals, and the themes with them, but I wish there was a little more to them – the Gourd Carving Festival was the one I liked the most because it had a contest inside a festival, I can’t wait for the Star one coming up.

Possibly rock concert events? I know there are some that are musicians here now, so possibly have a band come and put on a show?

Theater in the Square – the theater group comes and puts on a play for all to attend!

NPC Adoptables:

I like the idea, especially when it comes to having a police officer at the ready whenever needed, I think the only thing I would change about this is that there be an option for say, Police Office 1, and Police Officer 2, good cop, bad cop, etc, so if you need a competent, or incompetent NPC for the sake of the role play happening that it doesn’t seem like one of the NPCs is far more lenient to some instances than others (or with some of those.. rather illicit happenings, one be on the “take” versus the other being by the books straight laced!). And I only use the Police as an example – you could still have Nurse 1 – by the books, follows all the rules, everything in the patient’s best interests all the time, then you could have Nurse 2 who will throw protocol out the window and may look the other way for certain instances.

ICC Roulette:

Yes Please! I enjoyed these and they were fun for me.
PM
^
Dillsbury
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 08:53 PM
Dillsbury
OOC
online status
26 posts
alias

Site-Wide Events: We *ALL* know my views on site-wide events. Georgie meet Pennywise. Do I NEED to say more? I SO CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE SECOND MOVIE TO COME OUT SO I CAN CONTINUE THIS! And while I love horror to no end, I want to see MORE site-wide events in other genres! Comedy, Action, Suspense, bring it, please!

Future Mini-Events: There is someone I so want to put in the talent show as a dancer but, damn it, I know I can't do it and get away with it. As much as I want to. See above. But man, I may have been under the rock of life for the past few months I want to get more involved and do more of the mini-events!

Roulette: I, too, was part of the problem. Me and action did not do well this past year, at the end. But for me and action now, much much better.

Adoptables: "We here at Torgue sincerely believe this is f-censor-ing awesome!"
PMAIMMSN
^
Floradox
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 09:27 PM
Floradox
OOC
online status
38 posts
Lynn
alias

Site-wide Events: I'm interested! Admittedly, I wasn't apart of a whole lot, so I can't say I really have a preference. I'm fine with angst ones, or light-hearted ones, but I guess anything that helps with character growth would be fun!

Future mini-events: I liked the events I got to take part in! The competition ones were a lot of fun, but I think I prefer the festival and holiday ones more. It's just nice to have my characters hang out with people, I guess. I don't really have any ideas for future events, but like Moonstone, it'd be cool to see something Valentines day related next month. (even tho the 14th isn't on a Saturday....)

ICC Roulette: Sure! I had fun with the last roulette, and I wouldn't mind signing up for the next one. It helps a lot since I'm still getting used to asking others to rp, and it helps get the more new characters out to interact with people!

NPC Adoptables: I feel kinda iffy on playing NPC's when I haven't done it before, but I think this might help wit that! I like the concept a lot, and believe it'll help with RP's. Though, if people do need a specific NPC for a 1 v 1 icc, and there are still people who aren't...used to asking others if they want to rp, that might be something to consider? If that makes sense?? It's a good idea though, and I'm interested to see if it'll work out!
PM
^
Justin
 Posted on Jan 10 2018, 10:56 PM
Justin
online status
0 posts
alias

SITE-WIDE PLOTS
- I know that the 'angsty' stuff tends to get tired after a while, but I do think the best grand-scale plots are indeed ones that feel grandious. My past experience RPing has been on super action-heavy boards (like Anime boards) and my best experiences have been on a Panfandom with a big emphasis on combat and adventure; I think invasion, world-threatening, and big-baddie plots are a lot of fun, but they do have to be used sparingly. Nobody wants to save the world every week, and I know that there are some members who prefer not to or are not comfortable with life-threatening, high-stakes stuff.

The opposite I feel is really hard to do, but Jay did hit the topic on the mark with exploration. Basura is a land that absorbs people from allover, why not grab other lands too? I'm also sure that the planet of Basura itself hasn't really been explored either, and team excursion is definitely exciting without feeling heavy and threatening.

Some direct examples of this that I would personally enjoy, but I know that's a result of my playing characters like Luke Skywalker who are suited for large-scale things like:
- An alien hive-mind lands on Basura (like the Zurg or the Tyranid or Flud or Slivers or something) and begins to expand, prompting a deadly invasion and a resistance force to hunt down their nest and eliminate them.
- A new planet appears in the sky over Basura. Is it friendly? (I mean it could be but you know, it probably isn't)
- The reality of Basura begins to unravel; maybe the citizens need to appease whatever power brought them here somehow?

TLDR: In my opinion, site-wide events should feel like they add something to the site and create memorable and impactful experiences for members and characters alike, and I feel that it's hard to do that without putting some pressure on the darker side of plots.

MINI-PLOTS
- I haven't been able to participate in too many of these, but they are perfect for the exact opposite reason. Festivals and parties and contests and talent shows are fantastic and bring out things in characters we may never see otherwise. They're a fantastic way to encourage character interactions and growth that really solidifies the community, in-character. The various holiday celebrations and personal gatherings have been really effective and can help break clique-y behavior before it takes root.

Some suggestions I would have about them would probably be things like:
- More talent shows!
- Character-run public events, specific to something they bring to the table. A good example for this would be something like Yugi running an actual card-game tournament, that sort of thing.

TLDR: Mini-plots are great for forming tight-nit bonds with characters and players that may otherwise feel left out, and they're a good chance for the characters to influence the culture of Belgate!

NPC ADOPTABLES
- Basically just a fantastic idea, imo. The ability to jump into playing an NPC for a little bit is not only a great way to add to specific scenarios and make the city feel larger, but also a good way to break out of character slumps or try a character you might not typically play, like a scruffy cop or a kindly doctor or something. I'm all in on this idea!

CHARACTER ROULETTE
- Again, 10/10. Making these annual, like maybe Monthly, would be fantastic. A lot of people tend to get looked over in the chat and it can be hard to be inclusive all of the time, especially when things get hectic, so this is a good way to encourage mingling!
^
Dillsbury
 Posted on Jan 11 2018, 07:43 AM
Dillsbury
OOC
online status
26 posts
alias

- The reality of Basura begins to unravel; maybe the citizens need to appease whatever power brought them here somehow?

I'm gonna be poking at this with Torgue a little bit. Just a little bit. *holds up fingers to clarify his point* But man, there is so much I want to do with Basura that I am a bit confused with myself on where to actually start!
PMAIMMSN
^
Admin
 Posted on Jan 11 2018, 02:06 PM
Admin
Admin
online status
100 posts
alias

I have no idea to be honest, just something that can include as much people as possible I guess.

See above answer though perhaps something that's light hearted?

NPC Adoptables?

I answered Meh to this considering it can be a good and bad thing. Good because as stated someone like a police could not be on when needed and the NPC could be played, but also bad because it could take what interactions police characters could get. That's just a example, but it pretty much works for most situations.

Yes.
PMEmail
^
Echo
 Posted on Jan 11 2018, 08:38 PM
Echo
OOC
online status
372 posts
Echo
alias

Site-Wide Events: ADVENTURE!!! Send our heroes and villains alike on a quest for glory, fame, and/or treasure!! I don’t know, something cool, kind of light hearted. It’d be cool to see our characters have to pit themselves against the forces of nature rather than one big baddie.

Mini-Events: They're great thus far! It’s unfortunate that I can’t always participate due to my work schedule, but the ones I have been able to make have been really fun! Also in the same line of Justin’s thinking about character run public events, I had an idea of Ivy doing something for Earth Day?? They really are a great way for characters to connect outside of the CR though!

Roulette: Even though I did NONE of my iccs on account of being terrible, I still really like the idea! I think I just need a little more reminding that I need to do them!

Adoptables: It’ll depends on how this is done because obviously we don’t want a whole bunch of overpowered NPCs running around beating up every character the player wants to get hurt. As long there’s no chance this can be abused, I’m game!
PM
^
jaypronouncedgay
 Posted on Jan 12 2018, 05:39 PM
jaypronouncedgay
OOC
online status
occupation
147 posts
Jay
alias

QUOTE (Echo @ Jan 12 2018, 01:38 AM)
Site-Wide Events: ADVENTURE!!! Send our heroes and villains alike on a quest for glory, fame, and/or treasure!! I don’t know, something cool, kind of light hearted. It’d be cool to see our characters have to pit themselves against the forces of nature rather than one big baddie.

Look, listen, I know I already commented quite a lot on this but holy shit
A dungeon-crawl / dnd-esque whatever the fuck, where an old tomb or dungeon (etc) is discovered, along with the promise of great treasure
And different adventurers/citizens attempting to get to the treasure

that'd be fucking DOPE and I'd sign up everyone

Mechanics wise - I think a d&d type system, one that's based on skill AND chance, would be best so people can't godmod their way through, and so whoever's running it can't be unconsciously biased toward certain people

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES

skinned by missy at caution and shine.